Sunday, June 11, 2017

What's Trending: Librarians a Leaders

I had an opportunity to participate, and help host an amazing day. It was a blended day of learning for myself, and other local school librarians. We all know students are our future, but how are we getting them ready for their future? Part of the conference was dedicated to describing how we can become Future Ready Librarians.  Follett sponsored our keynote speaker, Shannon Miller. She gave us ideas of how we can become future ready librarians, and the importance of sharing this message with everyone in our school building and community.  As we set our goals to become future ready, Shannon has set up a Padlet so we can all share our goals as librarians.  Now, let's get moving and share our great librarian ideas.
I had the opportunity to share two presentations. The first one I shared this morning was on Take-Home Makerspace Kits. I wrote a CCEF Grant for 10,000.00 with Valerie Loper and Erin Irvine they are also local school librarians. We were awarded this grant to purchase and create makerspace kits the students can checkout and take home. Each kit includes a non-fiction book that relates to the makerspace general topic. Earlier this semester, we presented at TCEA to share our Take-Home Makerspace idea with other teachers and librarians.
 
The second presentation was a lot a fun. I shared how I started my makerspace, logistics of operating my space, and my future makerspace plans with two other elementary librarians. It was interesting since we all solve problems and think differently about our space.

No comments:

Post a Comment